Ok, ok…I know this is so predictable, but I need to go on a bit of a diet. I absolutely refuse to give up the things I love, but I am willing to make a much bigger effort to balance my diet and exercise. Especially if it means looking better in a dress.
I’m cutting back on calories overall, cutting way back on simple carbs after breakfast, and limiting myself to 2 non-fruit desserts a week. Combine that with the amped up excercise routine I started a few months ago (err, minus a small break around the holidays) and I think I’ll be good to go.
On that point, I did some brainstorming yesterday. I wanted delicious dishes that fit my restrictions so that I don’t feel all sad and deprived. Boo. Here’s where I landed….
- Thai chicken and basil lettuce wraps
- Entree salads: Cobb, Chicken Caesar, Nicoise, Steak, etc.
- Turkey patties with mushrooms and cheese
- Tuscan chicken casserole
- Lamb patties with minty yogurt sauce with chopped Greek salad
- Thai shrimp soup
- Pescado Veracruzano
- Roast chicken
- Mexican chicken & lime soup
- Venison chili
- Indian veggie stew
- Roasted turkey breast
- Chicken salad, tuna salad
- French Onion soup
- Veggie-rich egg scrambles
Sides and Snacks
- Thai bean noodle salad
- Green beans with almonds
- Roasted asparagus (with Parm or hollandaise)
- Just delicious salads…all kinds
- Roasted mixed veggies
- Roasted cabbage wedges
- Roasted Indian broccoli over raita
- Sauteed spinach
- Portobella mushroom stuffed with spinach, pinenuts & feta
- Fennel and Celery salad with mozz (Dama Blanca)
- Jicama and green mango slaw
- La Condesa brussel sprouts (sounds weird, but it’s brussels with red grapes and bacon)
- Spinach Madeline
- “Deviled” eggs (egg whites stuffed with hummus)
I’ll update with pics and recipes as I get started. Off to the grocery today!